March 31, 2011

Sydney life.

After a long day out with make ups, massages and shopping, I landed in city with two of my besties for dinner at Wagamama. Initially we were wanting to have Ichiban Boshi but it was too packed. At the end, no regret choosing Wagamama for our dining experience thanks to Sansan!

For the entree, we had tori karaage. You know, tori as in bird (of course here it means chicken) and Karaage (deep fried), it's self explanatory. I felt a bit like "alcohol-ish" and saw the phrase 'prepared with sake' hence the order but.............. my blunt dull tastebuds couldn't pick up any sakeness from it.


tori karaage


For the mains, Joe had teriyaki steak soba - Nice!  Unlike others even the soba tasted so good, definitely more than just the noodle. I think they must've marinated the soba for quite some time. It had that "deep" teriyaki taste embedded in it. The plate had lotsa veges - baby bokchoy, red onions, snow peas, beansprouts, chillies and coriander. Quite healthy too.


Joe with his main and cocktail - haamonii pure shochu with passionfruit juice and freshly crushed pineapple
 

San and I had the chilli chicken ramen - it was all good apart from the fact that it wasn't chilli at all. I wished they didn't chop up the bean sprouts too much as it looked like chopped noodle. I prefer it to maintain its long and slender figure just like how I wanna look........... hmmmm getting side tracked again here.


Chilli chicken ramen


Like I mentioned earlier I was feeling very slightly "alchol-ish"... to satisfy the craving my choice of the cocktail was Squeezed apple and lemon smash cocktail. It sounds like a juice doesn't it... ya... it was juice. There was no EtOH I don't think...... But there was definitely freshly crushed apple - very rare to find in cocktail. Yumyum!!  On the menu it said, this cocktail is certain to leave you wanting more ............... yeah. To taste more alcohol!!!


Squeezed apple and lemon smash - immersed with zubrowka vodka, freshly crushed apple and lemon


San's one was passionfruit mojito. I quite didn't get to taste it actually!! (San san did you know?!!?!?) I was so hungry by the time the food has come to the table all my devoted attention was towards my food.............. and by the time I realised that I haven't tasted her cocktail, it was all consumed by her. Hahaha. It looked really nice, and the menu said, this cocktail is certain to make you feel the passion. Hmm I wonder if she really felt the passion. If you think this menu is a bit cheesy, you haven't heard everything... as the picture sows it, Joe's one is called Pure Japanese Passion, and it read, this cocktail will leave you feeling truly zen................. really?? If a total state of focus that combines a total togetherness of body and mind can really be felt by drinking this cocktail... I bet ya I will be here everyday drinking it. It'd make me reach the enlightenment earlier than my dad, whom is trying very hard so he can be there after going through lots more reincarnated lives.


Passionfruit Mojito


The food was great but the highlight of the today is.... this!!




Hahahahahahaha
I'm totally banned from putting this up on fb so here it is on my blog. Do we look like Alaskan ladies? I'm cracking up as I look at this photo... this surely will stay very valuable and non-deletable for us for a long long time!!

No comments: