March 10, 2011

On my day off at work


After two of my colleagues have been fighting against 38 for more than an hour, I got called in... oh ya... on my off day! Aiyoo... but I'm happy to help out as always. I love extractions....

By the time I got to the surgery the crown portion of the tooth was long gone. Only the stubborn roots left with nothing to hold onto.




Just to explain how I targeted this tooth:
By the time I saw the tooth there was no crown... (hence the red line). I removed buccal, distal and mesial bone, while staying away from lingual at all times (the green line). Though it's hard to tell from this OPG the roots were lingually tilted...... -_-'' so when I tried using the luxator it kept on jabbing against the lingual wall. So the last resort was separating the roots (red dotted line). *split* Then within seconds the distal root came out, then the curved mesial root. I made sure that there's no other fragments of tooth or the loose pieces of bone left in situ, then closed neatly. All is done within 15 minutes. Woot woot! I was so contented....

Maybe I really should study oral surgery..... very tempted! Maybe when BBB and Mini become independent enough. Hahaha...

No comments: