May 11, 2011

with Jason and Erika

Pancakes on Rocks

I was there with my good good friend Jason and his gf, Erika. Man, finally I got to meet her, after years of anticipation!


Erika and Jason



Erika and I both ordered Chicken and mushroom crepes - yumyum!

Chicken and muchroom crepes - Creamy chicken and mushroom, topped with a crunchy coating of parmesan cheese

It was served with their special tomato sauce and sour cream. Sour cream.... wasn't their special, it was just an ordinary sour cream but I thought tomato sauce was a bit different. It was a bit more "chewier" than the normal sauce. I quite liked it.

Jason had the fresh mushroom crepes - whereas my crepes was slightly grilled, his wasn't - it looked very nice. Last time I was there with another friend and I remember that it did not taste like vegetarians dish. I really liked their basil cream sauce! (food is all about sauces)


Jason's fresh mushroom crepes 




Erika and Jason with Hot 'N' Troppo pancakes 


Our dessert was awesome - I was never a big fan of grilled bananas but this was nice! Even picky Jason (sorry!) enjoyed it very much (I think) hahaha. It was so good to catch up with them despite the rush of catching bus due to the trackwork. Times like this I really miss my Dunedin life. It is getting more and more difficult to make good friends as I'm getting older - we all have our own circle of friends. I wish in the future I can live closer to my good good friends and have the reunion often. There's nothing like having good old friends around you!

No comments: