March 16, 2011

Bobbi's Party!!

I went to Bobbi's Party today. It was held in the CBD for 2 hours. Bobbi's professional team led by Sebastien Tardif, the regional director of artistry at Bobbi Brown were doing the off counter hands-on workshop on make up. I should really be attending workshops on dentistry but.... oh well....... I thought it's not a bad idea to widen my view, gain some skill and feel special!


I really love their foundation.. I 've always had difficulty choosing the right colour because  my skin doesn't have much yellow pigments. So no matter how well the colour matches with my neckline.. I always look "yellow/tanned" because of the yellow tints from the foundation..... but today I found the one that doesn't make me look so yellow! When I told them my problem they said that's because my skin colour is more like "porcelain" - man I love that word!! rather than "pale". Ooo porcelain... like Porcelain veneer with shade A1! Sounds so awesome ya ;)





 Sebastien demonstrating

It was relatively exclusive and there were less than 10 of us. It was really hands on, as close as it can get. They recommended me pale very pink colour for blusher and lip colour... and I got it...!! How daring..... So if you have time to meet up with me then you will see me all pinky pinky.. lol. Hope you don't get shocked.

After the "Bobbi's Party", I went to Martin Place... There're always lots going on around that place. Clumps of people wearing suits bustling around the city makes me feel my life is too free. I got caught by a group of people from Energy Australia, and they asked me to spin the colourful circle. It was so lame.. they were using a high heel to mark the area that is to be selected. They asked me how to save power with the fridge, what kind of power we are using in Australia and etcetc... I scored full mark (yippii... duhhh) so I got lotsa goodies like digital thermometer, sand clock, calculator and some stickers...


Then the next stop was T & C. I was going to collect the bracelet that was to be fixed... Silly people, they fixed the chain but didn't shorten it!! -_- Was I wrong in having high expectations on the jewellers working for T & C? Was I wrong to think that they are somewhat more special than others..?? Can't they read the instruction that's clearly written? Arghhh I have to go back next week again......Grrrrr


Poor Mr Tiffany 

Of all the times that I've been here, I've never noticed a man carrying a clock on his shoulder before. Poor thing it looks very heavy. I guess all the time I was rushing into the building so didn't get to look around the place?? haha.

There was a group of people raising money to help Japan. By the time I got there they've finished the fundraising and were lining up for a photo session. This guy with a huge lens like bazooka (Nikonian) was taking photos. Sweet! I tagged along right next to him and went *click click* hahaha




The autumn is here! I can clearly see that on the leaves though the weather remains very warm. Everytime I go out to city I cannot believe how beautiful Sydney is. The balance between antique, nature and cosmopolitan is simply amazing. It's really a lovely place to live and I'm fully satisfied that I am here!

1 comment:

sc said...

Porcelain beauty (: Hope the class was good.