April 6, 2010

Cleanser review - Biotherm





After trying SKII, without any mercy I've moved onto Biotherm cleanser. Been wanting to try Biotherm products for ages especially the moisturiser that supposedly hydrates the skin. Heard it's good especially after having a night out when the skin requires a lot of hydration. But... I am/have to be a good girl now that I've left university. I am a proud member of society as a real working adult now. And plus I have no interests in having a night life when there is no Q (ehem hem!)... hence I concluded tat I probably wouldn't need the hydrating moisturiser... just drink enough water haha


However I still havn't gotten over wanting to try their products, so I've gotten the sample of Biotherm cleanser. Its full name is: Biotherm Biosource Hydra-Mineral Clenser Toning Mousse. Apparently it has zinc in it which is good for skin. But just like Vit E ... I'm not sure having Zn in your cleanser would have a lot of effect on skin. I mean.. how long does the cleanser in contact with our skin everyday? Not even 10min I'd say. 


Ok.. I think I've just contradicted myself here. If that's the case why do I go through all these trouble finding the cleanser..? Haha. Though it doesn't stay on the face as long as moisturisers or serum, it cleanses the face... if I don't have deep cleansing then all those creams wouldn't be so effective... right right?


One thing that I love about this cleanser is that the gel is very soft, creamy and has pale green colour. Here, one shouldn't be too fussy about the colour of the gel, but still, I've never seen a pale green coloured gel and it just makes me feel more refreshed. Haha. And when I massage on my face, the gel turns into a very light soft silky mousse and lathers the face so smoothly. It foams up quite a bit too, which I like.


Overall I quite enjoyed using this cleanser for a few days... a big thumb up! However I must admit that I am not too amused with it at the same time.. It did not wow me in any way and I want to try other products. .. but if I cannot find any better products, then I will definitely get this one.... 


Rating: 7.5/10
Let me try other cleansers and get back to you....




No comments: