March 29, 2010

Cleanser review - SKII


As my Shiseido (also known as Shishido to some people) facial wash is running low... the time has come. I need to look for another facial cleanser. I used to think facial clanser isn't so important, its only for a few min of massaging a day... till sometime ago I read in the mag that washing face with soap / plain cleanser is not any different to washing face with laundry soap... Till today I am yet to find out the exact evidence in this saying - however, I have no intention of rising the possibility of washing my face in "laundry soap", especially when my face is super sensitive to pimples! Arghh!!

So the next cleanser that I wanted to try was SK-II Facial Treatment Cleanser. At Myers in Sydney it is selling for $80. A bit expensive for a facial wash but the shop ladies were saying it'll last you at least 6 months. Hohoho I went on the internet and searched for the price - I can get it for AUS $59. Yippee... anyhoo I got the sample so I can try for a few days... and this is how I feel.

They advertise it being foamy facial cleanser. However, compared to the previous one that I've been using. this product isn't so foamy. I love the foamy lathery texture of the cleanser on my face. If there isn't enough foam then I tend to touch my skin more and hence the potential to speed up the wrinkle production. So if I buy this, I highly doubt that it will last me 6 months due to my over-usage.

Apparently, it has whitening properties... this is almost impossible for me to find out, especially when I have such a small sample and I'm using other skin cares with a bit of whitening properties. Mmmm. Do I really want to look paler? Maybe not.. but I want to stay the way I am. My bubbie likes it too. Anyways, whitening isn't at the highest priority on my lists so... this is inconclusive. So will just leave it.

Removes make up and other impurities and restores clarity to the complexion... yeah yeah ANY cleanser should do this or else it won't be called "cleanser". What a silly thing to mention but I guess it's something that you have to add or else customers might think that this product does not do the main job!

Overall I like the clean feeling afterwards and it doesn't make my skin feel tight / dry. All SK-II products do not have added scents but yet this cleanser has very nice baby smell to it. It is quite pleasant to use and I am looking forward to washing my face everyday (do I sound like I'm advertising? hehehe) but not enough foam makes me sad :( 

Rating: 6/10 (cf Shiseido 7/10)
But I like the brand though. Perhaps I could give it 6.5/10 hahaha. Alright. Time to try other cleansers...



No comments: