May 30, 2010

Proud moments




I've meant to write about one of those few "proud to be a Korean" moments... and this is certainly one of them.

When I saw her performing at the Olympics a few months ago my eyes were swelling up with tears... she was certainly the most beautiful swan on the ice. The way she was gliding on her skates... who would have believed that she's only 19 years old! All the Koreans used to say the day we get the gold medals from figure skating will never come because Asians just do not have the right features to do perform as lovely as Europeans.. but hey, she has proved that the whole country has been wrong! She has become the most famous celebrity in Korea... Woot woot!

After the performance, flowers and stuff toys started raining down from the audiences, and her lips started quivering, her tears began to flow. At that time not just me but we all felt very emotional and cried with her... Despite all the pressure she has done it. She has broken her old record by 16.11 points, and she has scored 228.56, making her unreachable by other competitors. (Yay we beat Nipponese)

As I was watching this week's 황금어장 tonight I just wanted to watch this performance of the century again... and thought I'd share with you.

No comments: